New Student Enrollment
The parent/guardian of a student MUST complete a registration form and provide the following documents:
- Evidence of residency within the district (two (2) current and different forms of evidence required). School district residents must provide a current utility bill (such as PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV), recent close of escrow papers, or recently signed rental/lease agreement (with name, address and telephone number of lessor).
If registration pre-dates the start of school attendance by more than a month, a second utility bill may be requested after the first month of student attendance.
Unacceptable proof of residency include: Post office box, bank statement, driver’s license, credit card bills, personal check, property tax statement, mortgage statement, AFDC statements, or cell phone statements are not acceptable as proof of residency.
Falsification of an address may result in denying the enrollment of a student.
- Student immunization record signed by a doctor http://www.pleasantonusd.net/
- Proof of age (Kindergarten only, must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 of that school year). See “Kindergarten Round-Up” section below.
- Strongly Recommended: Parents’ or legal guardian’s employment information (for emergency contact).
Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook
The Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook includes important information and forms available for printing.
Click here to view http://www.pleasantonusd.net/
Kindergarten registration is intended for current Pleasanton Unified School District residents only. Families anticipating a move into Pleasanton Unified School District boundaries need to know that registration procedures cannot be completed before the family moves into the district. School-district residents MUST provide two current and different utility bills.
During two days each spring, parents are encouraged to enroll kindergarten-age and transitional kindergarten age students in the district. The spring registration period is important for the district to determine the number of kindergarten classes necessary for the following school year. Children are eligible for kindergarten if they have reached five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2020. One of the following proof of age as well as proof of residency is required:
- Certified copy of a birth record or a statement of the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, or
- Baptism certificate duly attested, or
- Passport, or
- Affidavit proving the age of the child.
This new program will provide a two year, developmentally appropriate curriculum for our youngest students entering school.
For 2020-2021 School Year:
- Students born between September 2, 2014 and December 31, 2014 may only register for kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. Families need to register at their resident school.
- Children born between September 2, 2015 and December 2, 2015 will register for Transitional Kindergarten only.
- Transitional KN students should only register with the District Student Services Department.
Open Enrollment for 2020-21 School Year
- For more information you may contact Student Services at 925.426.4290.
Enrollment / Registration
Students who will be 5 years of age by September 2, 2020 are eligible to register for Kindergarten.
Students with birthdates of September 2, 2015 to December 2, 2015 will register for Transitional Kindergarten. Any birthday on 12/3/15 and after are NOT eligible for TK.
Along with the registration form parents need to bring the original of your students’ birth certificate or passport. We also need you to bring the originals and copies of the students immunization records and the 2 proofs of residency.
For more information you may contact Student Services at 925-426-4290
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR USERS OF FILLABLE FORMS
Why my completed form didn’t save data?
1. A user (who does not have Adobe Pro) must download the fillable form and save it in their file or desktop.
2. THEN open from file/desktop and fill it out.
3. Rename completed form so original empty template remains in their files for future use.