New Student Enrollment
The parent/guardian of a student MUST complete a registration form and provide the following documents:
- Evidence of residency within the district (two (2) current and different forms of evidence required). School district residents must provide a current utility bill (such as PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV), recent close of escrow papers, or recently signed rental/lease agreement (with name, address and telephone number of lessor).
If registration pre-dates the start of school attendance by more than a month, a second utility bill may be requested after the first month of student attendance.
Unacceptable proof of residency include: Post office box, bank statement, driver’s license, credit card bills, personal check, property tax statement, mortgage statement, AFDC statements, or cell phone statements are not acceptable as proof of residency.
Falsification of an address may result in denying the enrollment of a student.
- Student immunization record signed by a doctor http://www.pleasantonusd.net/
- Proof of age (Kindergarten only, must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 of that school year). See “Kindergarten Round-Up” section below.
- Strongly Recommended: Parents’ or legal guardian’s employment information (for emergency contact).
Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook
The Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook includes important information and forms available for printing.
Click here to view http://www.pleasantonusd.net/
Kindergarten registration is intended for current Pleasanton Unified School District residents only. Families anticipating a move into Pleasanton Unified School District boundaries need to know that registration procedures cannot be completed before the family moves into the district. School-district residents MUST provide two current and different utility bills.
During two days each spring, parents are encouraged to enroll kindergarten-age and transitional kindergarten age students in the district. The spring registration period is important for the district to determine the number of kindergarten classes necessary for the following school year. Children are eligible for kindergarten if they have reached five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2017. One of the following proof of age as well as proof of residency is required:
- Certified copy of a birth record or a statement of the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, or
- Baptism certificate duly attested, or
- Passport, or
- Affidavit proving the age of the child.
This new program will provide a two year, developmentally appropriate curriculum for our youngest students entering school.
For 2017-2018 School Year:
- Students born between December 2, 2011 and September 1, 2012 may only register for kindergarten for the 2016-17 school year. Families need to register at their resident school.
- Children born between September 2, 2012 and December 2, 2012 will register for Transitional Kindergarten only.
- Transitional K students should only register with the District Student Services Department.
Open Enrollment for 2017-18 School Year
(For current students requesting to attend an alternative school site within district)
Parents/guardians may request that their student attend a Pleasanton school different from their home school. In order to make the request, parents/guardians complete the Open Enrollment form and indicate the requested school. Approval is based on school capacity and space availability.
The current impacted schools where we do not anticipate space for open enrollment students are Donlon, Fairlands, Walnut Grove Elementary schools, Harvest Park Middle School, and Amador Valley High School.
Should openings be available at a school, a random, unbiased selection process, a lottery, is used to determine which open enrollment requests are granted. If granted, the selected school becomes the student’s new home school, until the completion of the highest grade offered at that school. Students return to their original residence attendance area for Middle and High School.
- The Open Enrollment period for Grades 1-12 is between January 8 – 31, 2018.
- The Open Enrollment period for Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten is between March 05 – 29, 2018.
The Open Enrollment form is available at all school sites and at the District Office. Forms may be turned in to Student Services Office beginning January 8, 2018 – 215 Abbie Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566.
- For more information you may contact Student Services at 925.426.4290.
Students who will be 5 years of age by September 1, 2016 are eligible to register for Kindergarten.
Students with birthdates of September 2, 2011 to December 2, 2011 will register for Transitional Kindergarten.
Along with the registration form parents need to bring the original of your students’ birth certificate or passport. We also need you to bring the originals and copies of the students immunization records and the 2 proofs of residency.
For more information you may contact Student Services at 925-426-4290
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR USERS OF FILLABLE FORMS
Why my completed form didn’t save data?
1. A user (who does not have Adobe Pro) must download the fillable form and save it in their file or desktop.
2. THEN open from file/desktop and fill it out.
3. Rename completed form so original empty template remains in their files for future use.